Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dying for Dinner by Miranda Bliss

Dying for Dinner (A Cooking Class Mystery, #4)Dying for Dinner by Miranda Bliss

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Even though I figured out who the bad guy was very early on, I didn't know his motive or other very important details until much later. I feel bad for Jacques because that character has been squeezed for more story lines than I would have thought possible. Yet, I still like the series. I really like Annie, Jim, and Eve overall. I was a little disappointed with how Eve was portrayed during one scene at the end, but it wasn't enough to affect my overall impression. If I could talk to the author, however, I would encourage her to be a little more careful with Eve in the future. Otherwise, the stories have all been quite good and I'm loving the progression. Keep it up and I'll keep reading! :)

Possible spoiler! I didn't care for how Eve reacted to the motel clerk. I just don't think a grown woman would really worry that much about a stranger carrying out the wishes of another stranger, even at a no tell motel. Seriously, Eve? He pops out for a ciggie and you're worried about your life? Not so sure I agree with that portrayal. Just saying.

No comments: