Thursday, May 28, 2009

Recipe for Murder by Lisa Harris

Recipe for Murder Recipe for Murder by Lisa Harris


rating: 1 of 5 stars
If I had noticed that this was a Christian mystery novel, I never would have requested it from paperbackswap.com. But, as it stands, I didn't notice it and it's a shame. I don't mind a little bit of religion in novels, but I need for it to be VERY subtle. However, in this case, the author even mentions in her blurb that she sees writing as an extension of her ministry. For me, that is NOT a good thing. It was far too preachy for me and I just did not like the book. If you enjoy mysteries with a Christian theme, then you will likely love this book. If you don't enjoy that, then just steer clear and save yourself the trouble. I wish I hadn't read it. I hate leaving such a negative review for a book, but it can't be helped in this case. Sorry!

No comments: