Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Holy Cow: An Indian Adventure by Sarah Macdonald

Holy Cow: An Indian Adventure Holy Cow: An Indian Adventure by Sarah Macdonald

My rating: 2 of 5 stars
I was excited to read this book because I love to travel and would like to go to India someday. It started off decent, but definitely hit a snag partway through and I lost interest. It did pick back up near the end, save for when she visits her husband in Pakistan. That was a verbose chapter to get to a point, in my opinion. In fact, that was often a problem for the author. I could see what she was wanting to get to, but she would take the long way to get there. I am a sucker for alliteration and the author does have some rather excellent alliteration sprinkled throughout. But, it wasn't always necessary. I think this book would have been much better if had been condensed a bit. It needs some of the superfluous content cut and it would be much more enjoyable.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: