Friday, April 23, 2010

You Are So Undead to Me by Stacey Jay

You Are So Undead to Me (Megan Berry, #1) You Are So Undead to Me by Stacey Jay

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Not bad. There were a few editing problems that I noticed and that always takes me out of the story. I was a little disappointed with some aspects of the plot and entertained by others. For example, I was a little disappointed by who was behind the RC attacks and the motive. However, I loved all the zombies and the job of the Settlers. I'm not sure all of the explanations of Settlers work together, but it was an interesting concept and I enjoyed it overall. For instance, the author said zombies are attracted to Settlers in their age range and that adult Settlers that have children lose their Settler abilities. I would think more adult Settlers would be needed because so many adults have children at some point. Plus, she mentioned many older (childless) Settlers work in Settler Affairs and I wasn't clear if they still deal with zombies at that level. And then there are adults that go into Enforcement, so it's a little more confusing figuring out who deals with the adult zombies. A little nit-picky, but these are the details that distract me while reading a book. I might read a sequel, but I wouldn't run out and buy it right away either.

No comments: