Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dying to Be Thin by Kathryn Lilley

Dying to Be Thin (A Fat City Mystery, #1) Dying to Be Thin by Kathryn Lilley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I have been on a cozy mystery kick for a few years now and this one caught my eye as something new to try. Overall, I enjoyed it. Often when I start a new series, I'm disappointed with the first installment. Happily, that did not happen this time. I think this was a very strong start to a series. It is a little seedier than I was expecting, but that doesn't bother me at all. :) Also, I must confess that I figured out who was behind everything rather early on and I deduced a big part of the motive as well before the reveal. I don't think it was obviously written, but it is easy enough if you don't fall for all of the red herrings and other misdirections. I will definitely read more in this series.

No comments: