Monday, October 12, 2009

Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield

Love Is a Mix Tape: Life and Loss, One Song at a Time Love Is a Mix Tape: Life and Loss, One Song at a Time by Rob Sheffield


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I loved the concept behind this book. Rob is a music fan and he uses music to tell his story. It was funny, sad, touching, and real. I would love to have a play list of all the songs mentioned at the beginning of each chapter so I could really connect to Rob's experiences. There were many great quotes that will end up in my quote book. In particular, the chapter that deals with Kurt Cobain's music and death was fantastic. It was a thought provoking chapter for me. However, there was one chapter that did nothing for me and that's why I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. Otherwise, it was a really good book that I would recommend to anyone that has ever made a mix tape. :)

No comments: