Thursday, November 15, 2007

Passion, Betrayal, and Killer Highlights

Number 68: Passion, Betrayal, and Killer Highlights by Kyra Davis

I must confess that I have a weakness for Red Dress Ink books. RDI is chick lit headquarters in my world. I've read a LOT of RDI books. I'd be embarrassed if I weren't their target demographic. But, of course, they know me and what I like. :)

Anyway, I read the first novel in this series, Sex, Murder & a Double Latte, when it first came out and thought it was great. I knew this was going to be a series I'd enjoy. I'm happy to say that I found this second installment in the Sophie Katz series to be a very enjoyable story. I kept waffling over who the bad guy was and exactly how all the characters were involved with one another. I really had a hard time deciding who was behind what and how much each person was involved with the mystery. Good stuff. I like that Sophie has a bit of a mouth on her, but I am sometimes surprised at her inability to keep it in check when the situation calls for it. However, I know people like that in real life though, so I guess I can't judge that too harshly, eh? Some might even imply that I'm similar to the main character in that regard. But, I honestly believe I would have bit my tongue a few times when Sophie didn't. Oh well. It's not a big deal and it didn't really take away from my enjoyment of the story. I love this mystery/chick lit series so far and I can't wait to read the next one, Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate.

No comments: